Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday Waffles

I didn't have many breakfast options in the house this morning, so I decided to make my husband waffles. He just bought me The Joy of Cooking for my birthday, so I decided to make that recipe. They turned out pretty well.

Waffles:
Courtesy of The Joy of Cooking

Preheat your waffle iron. Whisk together in a large bowl:

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt

Thoroughly blend in another bowl: (I didn't use a different bowl)

3 eggs
1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter
1 1/2 cups milk

Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Combine with a few swift strokes of the whisk.

Pour about 1/2 cup batter onto the waffle iron surface. Close lid. Wait about four minutes. Waffles should be done when steam stops emerging around the lid. (Mine took about 10 minutes to get them close to crispy)

All in all...not bad!

1 comment: