Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Baker's One Bowl Brownies






I had some leftover unsweetened chocolate in my cupboard that I wanted to use up. This recipe came from the side of the carton of the Baker's chocolate. They came out so fudgy and rich.


4 squares Baker's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) of butter or margarine (I used butter)
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup coarsely chopped Planters pecans (I omitted)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13x9 baking pan with foil; with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Grease foil. (I used cooking spray)


Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and nuts; mix well. Spread into prepared pan.


Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove brownies from pan; using foil handles. Cut into squares. Store in tightly covered container.


1 comment: