Friday, September 25, 2009

Au Gratin Potatoes




I had some potatoes to use up and I was already making ham for my main course. Au gratin potatoes came to mind. I had all the ingredients, so I decided to go for it. I didn't allow enough time in the oven, but otherwise they came out really well.


Au Gratin Potatoes:
My own recipe
4 medium potatoes
6 Tbsp. butter
8 Tbsp. flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp. garlic salt
12 oz. colby jack cheese
Melt butter in a saucepan. Add flour and garlic salt to form a roux. Add milk and whisk until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in colby jack cheese.
Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and slice into thin slices. Layer them in a greased casserole dish. Pour completed sauce over potatoes. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours. (I only had about an hour, so I finished them in the microwave)

No comments:

Post a Comment