Monday, September 21, 2009

Macaroni & Cheese




I had a craving for some creamy macaroni & cheese tonight, but it's just me, so I didn't want to make an entire pan of it. I decided to just make a single serving. I boiled up about 1/4 quarter of a box of penne (it's what I had on hand) and made a cheesy sauce to pour over it.


3 Tbsp. butter

4 Tbsp. flour (I use heaping tablespoons because I like my sauce very thick)

1 cup milk

6 oz. American cheese


Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Stir for a little while to cook the flour taste out. Pour in the milk and stir often until it starts to thicken. Make sure to pull the flour/butter paste in from the sides of the pan. Once it begins to thicken, add the American cheese and remove from the heat. Stir until cheese melts. Pour over cooked pasta.


This made enough cheese sauce for a couple of more dishes as well. I just refrigerated it and will use it tomorrow on something. So good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment