Sunday, July 18, 2010

Apricot Bars

I was in the mood to bake something today, and since I can't have chocolate, I wanted to find something that I could eat for a change too. I had some apricot preserves in my fridge that needed used up, so I went on a search. I found this recipe for Apricot Bars on allrecipes.com and it sounded perfect. Some of us don't like nuts, so I only put them on half the batch. Enjoy!

Apricot Bars:
courtesy of allrecipes.com

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup butter

2 egg yolks

1 tsp. vanilla extract

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup apricot preserves

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I used 1/4 cup)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream flour, butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Press into a 9x13 inch pan.

Bake for 20 minutes. Take out and spread preserves evenly, then sprinkle with nuts. Score into bars, but leave in pan.

Return to oven at 250 degrees for up to 15 minutes. Cool on rack.

1 comment: