Sunday, November 1, 2009

Special Creamed Corn


My husband and I have been trying to eat more vegetables and corn is one that we normally can handle. I wanted to find a recipe that added flavor and a new texture to regular frozen corn. I came across this recipe and thought it sounded good. Boy, was it!! This is so good it's going on our Christmas dinner must make list. Very rich, but oh so yummy!


Special Creamed Corn:
from Taste of Home
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk (I used skim milk)
1/4 cup sugar (I omitted)
1 tsp salt
dash white pepper (I used black pepper)
5 cups frozen corn, thawed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream, milk, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add corn; heat through.
Transfer to an ungreased 1 1/2 quart broiler-proof dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Broil 5 inches from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.

1 comment:

  1. it looks delish but fyi- corn is not a vegtable. It is a grain.

    ReplyDelete